Wednesday, August 13, 2008

{ My, how the garden grows. }

I'm climbing down off the soapbox for just a moment to update you all on the garden project. Well, it's a mixed bag (or raised beds if you will). Admittedly I haven't resown as much as I should have but there is still time. The potatoes and onions are just fine. I'm letting the potatoes harden over in the bed. Squashes and zucchini may not make it, but I'm still holding out hope. If we don't get too much late summer rain, I'll have enough tomatoes to can at least 12-24 jars of sauce. Spinach and lettuce are still producing enough for daily salads but next year I'll need more variety. Honestly, if I didn't have my two CSA (community supported agriculture) portions this season, I wouldn't have even come close to having the garden feed us. But I've learned a lot for next season...mostly that I need to allocate more space and time to food growing and production and if we have a late, wet spring again I'll need to create more micro climate systems to assist and extend my season.

1 Comments:

Blogger FrenchGardenHouse said...

sounds so yummy! (and a lot of work, but so worthwhile. I have a great pasta recipe with tomatoes on the blog, let me know if you can't find it, it's truly wonderful!
xo Lidy

August 19, 2008 at 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home