Tuesday, August 26, 2008

{ Your Cheering Squad }


For Lilli Blue, Francie and Patricia (and everyone else who emails me instead of commenting), this is your cheering squad to financial stability.

How's everyone doing with their budgets? Know where you are yet? Nudge, nudge... it's OK, I'll give you a couple of more days.

A friend and I were discussing different types of debt today and I just want to share a thought. Debt is debt. Out in the world you will hear things like, "well, there's good debt and bad debt" and while there is debt that can be advantageous from a tax standpoint everyone should contemplate CAREFULLY their debt ratio and what is too much and when you are rationalizing overspending. (Because TRUST ME, no one can rationalize overspending more than me, it's why this house remodel has taken a bazillion years.) Once you have your budget numbers squared away, it'll be easier to look honestly about spending habits, debt habits and if there are healthier options. So, get busy! I'm here to cheer you on!

3 Comments:

Blogger Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Yea Steph! Yes indeedy that baaaaad old debt used to have me in his clutches ...now he only has a thumb and forefinger on me and I am slowly extricating myself bit by bit.
Thank you so much for your wonderful advice and help.

(())

August 27, 2008 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hi Steph,

I enjoy reading your blog - thanks for your insight. Could you clarify something about this post: Are you saying no one should carry a mortgage, or just no car loans, personal loans or credit card debt?

Thanks for the clarification!

September 2, 2008 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Lisa,
What I mean to say about debt is that we've been lulled into this idea that "good" debt (like mortgages) isn't "really" debt...when in fact it IS debt and if we get in over our heads, we're still in over our heads. We have to be careful about anytime that we are borrowing money, regardless of the reasons. See my new post today and I'll expand more. Thanks for such a great question!!
:) Steph

September 2, 2008 at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home