Wednesday, March 18, 2009

{ Happy Birthday To My Missed Mom }


This year would have been my Mom's 60th birthday. Make no bones about it...if she were here she would be having a small breakdown over being 60. We'd play "Little Old Lady From Pasadena" and Elvis for her. She'd dance around the house just to prove she still could - how she loved to dance. Chocolate malts with extra malt would be on the menu at some point in the day and I am positive that pedicures would also be on the birthday list. There isn't a day that goes by that her absence is not a tangible living thing in the world of my family and her friends. Today is a day of sadness but also of celebration. While we didn't get her for 60 years, we got her. I'll be having a malt today and while I sip, I will turn it over to the "oldies" station and think of Mom. I hope she's dancing in heaven.








2 Comments:

Blogger Rob at Kintropy said...

Thinking of you both.

March 18, 2009 at 9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs~ I miss my Mother so much~S

March 25, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home