Saturday, February 21, 2009

{ Git 'er Done Days }

This weekend is an enforced weekend off for me. I have promised the household that I would only work a half day tomorrow having taken yesterday afternoon and all of today off (which is why I'm blogging at 5:57 a.m.). It was a good thing though...my right arm has been very sore from a couple of 10 and 12 hour days to finalize files for CPA tax prep. But today will be one of my most favorite types of days. We will spend the early morning getting recycling and donation items into the car and off to their respective destinations, clearing out the laundry room of all kinds of "we don't know where to put this". Those final holiday trimmings will also make it up to the attic. This afternoon we will be busy rearranging cables and wires and adding vertical storage in my very small office in an effort to give me more functional space. Old files will also move into the attic and I will no longer have to pretend I'm playing hop scotch to get to my desk. Maybe, if we're on a roll, I'll even get the two paintings hung that I bought LAST YEAR and perhaps somewhere in our travels today will be able to stop by the nursery to pick up a new climbing rose to adorn my new garden trellis. In our world we call these days "Git 'er done" days and they feel so good! All those little check marks on the eternal to do list! I'm even going right now to defrost something for dinner and maybe I'll even soak some beans for soup.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Oh, how I love those kind of days! Productive, with visual results! I grew up in a family of do-ers. Unfortunately, DH is the type who spends most all his time in a club chair with laptop at fingertips. He would consider any ONE of these chores a big accomplishment for the day and head back to his chair and computer.
Hope you enjoyed every minute!

February 24, 2009 at 4:26 AM  
Blogger Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

LOL gotta love it...git 'er done !

I have so many things to get done, sigh...but you have inspired me.

(())

February 24, 2009 at 5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home