Tuesday, December 2, 2008

{ Great Holiday Opportunity! }

Traditionally each year I have opened up large catalogs and ordered food baskets to send to family and friends who are far away. This year, I have an option that supports my "spend money with the businesses you know and love" philosophy and 10% of purchases are given each year to charity AND my friend, Kim, owns the business! How cool is that?! Soul of the Rose Gifts is a lovely website, with many many gift options, not just food. Kim is offering free shipping (see website for details)!
Also, I have to share this lovely story. My friend, Lidy Baars of French Garden House, has the most amazing things. I purchased myself a gift this year. This small lovely bell ornament is to continue the bell collection started by my Mom. Lidy wrapped it beautifully, enclosed a nice not (and it's not just because she knows me, she spoils all of her customers) and sent it off to me. Now, I know you are all saying, "that's not local" but remember, ultimately, my philosophy is to shop local and support those you know and love. Lidy is located in my home town and I definitely adore her!

BTW, yesterday's holiday tea at Queen Mary was lovely. We strolled one of the larger shopping centers in Seattle and then went up the hill to tea. The goodies were delightful and the company was boisterous, as usual. While I spent only a few dollars on a small vanilla steamer to tide me over until lunch, my girlfriends worked hard to stimulate the local economy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim Sharifi said...

Steph - thank you for the very nice shout out!

December 15, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home