Tuesday, November 18, 2008

{ Where I Shop Locally }

I often go on and on about shopping locally. While we adhere to about 90-95% shopping within a 1000 mile radius or less of our home the other 5-10% of the time we shop here:


The Chef's Pantry is the sweetest store, filled to the brim with cheeses, wines, salami, teas and coffees, cook books, cooking supplies, gadgets and tools and my new favorite drink Dry Soda (a locally created company). The best deal in the place though is Donna Leahy, the Chef and twice published cookbook author. Not only does she often make my most favorite sandwich (The Roman-salami, pesto, brie, greens and tomatoes), she'll advise you on wine pairings and discuss all things food. And when you run out of food things to discuss, ask her about the dogs. While I know Donna sources many of her produce items locally, this is the one store I never read a label to see where an item originates...I am shopping locally, I can walk there from my house! Donna can ship and also writes a great newsletter. Visit her website to check out what's happening this month!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home