Thursday, October 16, 2008

{ Breaking the Silence }

I have three girlfriends who will be coming over for dinner tomorrow night. We are always looking for a reason to leave our busy lives and gather and we have learned to just take out the calendars and pick a day. So tomorrow is that day. I will be making pumpkin risotto and roast chicken with winter green salad. For dessert something with apples since our case came in the other day from east of the mountains. I really am looking forward to this dinner not just because I love my friends and I love to cook. No, I am finally getting these women whom I love and adore together for the purpose of discussing money...particularly THEIR money.

While I am not a financial advisor, I have gleaned over the years that these self supporting rock star community mover and shakers have under utilized their significant power in the realm of all things personal money. I hope after our evening tomorrow they can leave even more powerful then when they arrived...and well fed to boot. When I shared with another friend my plans she asked me why I felt compelled to do this and I realized that I want to break down the wall of silence around money that most of my friends share. Together we support each other through kids, divorce, menopause and pregnancy, relationships, illness...why not support each other to financial well being?

1 Comments:

Blogger Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Boy, how true is that ? It amazes me at the number of women who STILL have no handle on their finances.

I have a friend whose husband controls it ALL. I do not understand that one bit.

(())

October 18, 2008 at 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home