Wednesday, September 24, 2008

{ Bail Outs and Some Things to Consider }

I am trying to refrain from truly perching myself on a soapbox to the point where I have lost all perspective. As I watch Congress grapple with the mess that Wall Street has gotten itself into I MUST wonder...why can micro businesses and small business be left to sometimes drown under the rules of Capitalism and laize faire economics and the big fish are expecting (and getting) safety nets from Capital Hill?

Let me get this straight? They made a ton of money in the boom time on the backs of consumers who probably shouldn't have been lent money in the first place, they failed to SAVE any of that money for a rainy day, THEN they paid CEO's millions to leave their companies and I am supposed to foot the bill for their mistakes? I have that right, don't I? When you break it down, take away all the talking points and the politics, isn't that what's happening? How come I can't run my business with a federally funded safety net that will save me when I overspend, underbudget and run things into the ground? Oh, that's right, I'm a tiny business in a big pond...silly me.
I need a cuppa tea!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I've been out of town and just playing catch up on my favorite daily reads...I have to send you a hearty, " Amen, Sister!!"

I wrote the exact sentiments of this post in a message I sent yesterday to Obama's campaign...it's so good to know that I'm not alone in my thought process on this.

September 25, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home