Tuesday, October 21, 2008

{ A Message From My Grandmother }

As most of you know, my mother was taken from us in March of 2006 by cancer. What you may not know is that I've been blessed with "other" mothers...primarily my Mom's mom, whom we call Honey. In my youth, my mom powered through each day to support her family, grocery shop, build a business, make dinner each night and keep us all on track. It was Honey who would make scrambled eggs and toast if I was home sick or teach me craft projects on Saturdays...she was the back up team to my Wonder Woman mom. On my recent trip home I was able to put a short cut to my blog on Honey's computer...a tool she is still not entirely comfortable using. Well, she read it yesterday and I was given a clear and distinct message from her...lighten up. While she is proud that I share her frugal side, I am apparently just too serious about it all. I was directed to go out to eat twice a month, not just once and to set aside a little mad money for myself...in short, to live a little. Since Honey is now the eldest family member, living through the Depression, several wars, widowhood at an early age and burying a child, I will assume she knows a thing or two and try to take her advice to heart. The very first post I ever put on this blog was about the early lessons of my grandmother and she continues to offer those lessons today. Honey, when you read this, just know that I am listening. Today I will stop off at http://islandteacompany.com for a cup of tea and lovely lemon cookies as a special treat for myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Honey is a wise wise woman and I am happy you are listening to her advice and taking it !

(())

October 27, 2008 at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home