Wednesday, November 5, 2008

{ Historical Change }

Well it seems I have lived to see the first non-white guy elected President! While I am pleased from a grown up perspective for all that this means, it was the intensity of the conversations I've had with my niece (age 17) and others of her age group that lets me see how huge this change is to the future of this country. You see, for 22 months no young person I know referenced the race of the President Elect - even the young people of color. Instead, they continually spoke of his energy, his vision, his inclusiveness and their sense of empowerment. That is hard to ignore. Regardless of how you voted yesterday (and thank you for voting!), the paradigm is shifting and that is an historical change I am happy to be witness to in my lifetime.
Now that this election is settled, get back to work! We have budgets to maintain and an economy to fix! ;0

1 Comments:

Blogger Rob at Kintropy said...

We were certainly dancing here in Hillsboro. Speaking of, did you check in with other loves ones? I imagine they woke up with the heavy hangover feeling I did over the last eight years.

November 5, 2008 at 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home