Sunday, November 11, 2007

{ Holiday Pressure Be Damned }

So, here it is not even Thanksgiving and I'm already feeling the rising pressure to "go all out" for the holidays...financially, speaking. I fight this urge everyday not to whip out the credit card and go over board. This year, I am shopping local (that includes my online community too) and keeping it small and thoughtful. Some friends had a craft bazaar this weekend and I spent a tish more than I planned so now I have to run the numbers and cut back somewhere else. With local economics being what they are, I am trying to set aside 10% of Decembers's income to donate to the local foodbank. My resolution in 2008 is to make a regular monthly donation, even if it's small. Reminding myself that my time and friendship is just a vaulable a gift to those I love is sometimes hard, but so necessary in order to live what I believe. So, holiday pressure be damned! It IS the thought that counts!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. When are you two visiting again?

November 12, 2007 at 12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home