Thursday, October 25, 2007

{ Simple Advice }

So I am re-reading Suze Ormans, "5 Laws of Money" and as I was very tired only got through the first few pages last night. But what I was reminded of was the simplicity of sound advice. Be truthful. Well, ok, simple enough. And yet, that's so easy NOT to do at times. When I put the book down and began to ponder ways in which I am not truthful in my life about money, I recognized that in the years since I first read the book, I've come a long way. Friends know...heck YOU all know, that I am trying to live within my budget and get and stay on financial track. And yet, I still have difficulty in saying to MYSELF, "you have debt, walk away from that new (fill in the blank, usually something for the house)." In the quiet moments with just myself and I, I still have work to do around need vs want and why I am willing to jeapordize the future for the right now...especially when I know better. The simpliest advice is sometimes the hardest.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home