Thursday, October 4, 2007

{ Need it, Want it }

As I moved two rooms of furniture into my 12x12 dining room last night in anticipation of carpet installers today, I battled inside my head with the reality of paying for a three year off and on remodel. This should be the "final" project but as most people know with remodels, nothing is final. One project always leads to another. Honestly (and doesn't every re modeler get to this point?) it would have been easier and cheaper to build from scratch. As I sit looking out at the gray skies and Fall rain, I am trying not to make the next list of projects...really. I'd love to just pay down the home equity line, have a very manageable mortgage, extra money to max out my IRA each year but then I think...oh, to have a tub in the master bathroom instead of just a shower or we could just paint the kitchen cabinets and then get new counter tops. I go back to what I know in my head...do I need it or want it? In the past, my heart would reign supreme but I am determined this year to stay on budget, to stay focused. So as the carpet layers leave this afternoon I will say to myself, love what I have and abundance is eternal. But I do have enough paint left over to paint the kitchen cupboards...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home