Monday, October 1, 2007

{ An Anniversary }


OK, so the post below was the "cover post"...the one I had ready in case this one got too hard to do. Today was a notable day...the first year anniversary to this life as a full time bookkeeper. The anniversary of a day that was wrought with emotion. Oh, I had been bookkeeping part time for a few years before going full time but one year ago today I turned the key of my retail business over to my dear friend, Tina, and walked away from a business I had grown and loved for five years. You see, 2006 was a really hard year personally. My mother died quickly of too long undetected ovarian cancer and too say it took my breath away is an understatement. It took the wind out of my sails - and my retail shop took a lot of energy. It was (and still is) the kind of place the community congregates for connection and celebration, so my lack of energy was hard to hide. Tina stepped up at a time when I had to step back. We've lovingly and jokingly call it an open adoption...two mothers who love the same child but only one who can look after it day in and day out. Many have asked me if I miss it or regret it. My answer is true and absolute...no. No, because it was time to let go, time to grow something new and to hold on would have meant the end of my little shop. So today is a notable day... Happy Anniversary to us, Tina!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Steph & Tina! It has been a good year for both of you! :) Bravo!

October 2, 2007 at 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home