Wednesday, September 26, 2007

{ Fall Clean Up }


The morning fog has descended and outside my office window all I can see are the leaves of the weeping cherry tree and the outline of the evergreen trees. But as my focus narrows and I'm brought back inside I see my desk. Sigh...so much filing, so little motivation. Mise en place should be painted over my window as a reminder, I've learned the hard way about not having things in their place. When my Mom died unexpectedly a year and a half ago and I couldn't get a flight out until the morning but had to spend six hours cleaning up my office so that my accountant girlfriend could come cover the decks while I was out of state for a week during tax season. When I arrived at my parent's home Dad and I spent the better part of two days wading through Mom's paperwork in the office. Dad was the kind of guy who pulled $40 from the atm and figured Mom had the rest covered...and she did, we just had to find it. I came home from that experience deteremined never to put my family and friends through that, ever. So this afternoon, mise en place....everything in it's place otherwise known as Fall clean up. I'll post a photo to prove I did it.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steph,
I have always known you to be brilliant, but I wasn't so much aware of what a good writer you are. Now I am adding "superb writer" to the list of items that describes you. Some other descriptors are dear, sweet friend, wonderful auntie, humorous, thoughtful woman, intelligent, hard-working woman who has lots of power tools! You go, girl.
Susan (The Recuperator)

September 26, 2007 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger FrenchGardenHouse said...

Okay, that's a great motivator! I clean up my office on a continual basis, but still, piles just ummmm pile up! So I will join you in the Fall Clean up!
Lidy

September 26, 2007 at 3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...if you can do it, so can I! 15 dedicated minutes at a time, I will sweep out the chaos!

September 27, 2007 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Ah Steph, I made the same resolve myself after having to clean out my little mothers home. Sigh.

You sound very organized and focused to me...

(( ))

September 28, 2007 at 6:16 AM  
Blogger FrenchGardenHouse said...

Hi Steph! I love your blog...looking forward to learning so much about keeping my pennies!
Lidy

September 28, 2007 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger Debi Ward Kennedy said...

LOL...I've been to Steph's house twice, and this is the first time I've been able to see her office!!!!(She was still in cleaning mode after the renovations before....)

It looks great! ;o)

Deb

September 30, 2007 at 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home