Wednesday, April 29, 2009

{ Gearing Back Up for Work }

So my two weeks of surgical recovery is coming to an end. I am back to a modified schedule next week. Physically I am still a bit sore but doing well. My struggle will be my fatigue level and respecting the limits it presents. Clients have all been fabulous and I know they will respect my modifications in the coming weeks. I miss my work but at the same time two weeks of doing relatively little has taught me a few things. They are:
  • I need to create more balance in my life, even if I don't always feel it is necessary.
  • I cannot hide behind my work any longer. I must tap back into the social/creative side of me again.
  • I will create more time to be physically active again. This recovery has gone well but I know I would have been better off if I had been walking/stretching/moving more on a regular basis.
  • I miss reading! I forgot how fabulous it feels to fall into a good book!
  • Finally, none of my clients have failed to survive without me for two weeks. That means it is OK for me to have a life away from work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home