Friday, August 14, 2009

{ Summer Lamenting }

It's mid-August and we haven't put up any food for the winter. As I shared earlier, we have decided that due to our crazy busy schedules that we wouldn't grow any food this year. But the summer is nearly over and we have yet to freeze or can a single thing. The other day I was in our local market and was pleasantly surprised to find that much of the frozen goods are both local and organic. We are blessed to live in a community with markets that respond to our local values. But still, my heart was a little heavy today as I walked through the laundry room and spotted our canning pot and three dozen canning jars, brand new. Maybe this weekend I'll find time to make some spaghetti sauce and get that canned and freeze some plums. Plum tart at Christmas...oh, that sounds good.

1 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

Now we know our soil is good enough to support random carrots. I just can't let the fall slip by without planting more veggies in the ground. Clean up and planting are in this very near future.

August 17, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home