Wednesday, June 17, 2009

{ Time Waits For No Woman }

I've been reading, "The Gift of a Year" with the Women Take Wing book club and I must say it's stirred a lot up for me. Perhaps losing yet another friend to cancer, being so incredibly overwhelmed with work (not a bad problem but still exhausting) and try to create balance in my life has brought me this point where this book is a good reminder. Time is a gift and should never be taken for granted. I LOVE LOVE LOVE what I do but shouldn't be one dimensional. The things I love and cherish most have been in the background too much lately. This week I want to refocus on the following things:
My body- I will begin my walking again.
My brain - I will read each day.
My creative side - I will do something each day to re-engage the artist in me.
My love of the garden - I will spend time each day in the garden.

4 Comments:

Blogger meryl rose said...

That sounds good! Presently in my own little funk, I should take some of that advice....

June 17, 2009 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Ohhh yes ma'am ... life is way too short and spins by quicker the older we get.

Each day I am thankful for and try to live it...really LIVE it.

Steph I wish you each and every day filled with joy...

(())

June 19, 2009 at 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds good, dear friend. Now copy this over to the forum, pretty please. :-)

June 28, 2009 at 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to remind myself everyday to take a moment (or 10) for taking care of me! I am more than a worrying mom, an overworked list maker, a business owner and a (trying to be better) wife. I can do all of that stuff better when I can take some quiet time for myself during the day.

September 12, 2009 at 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home